If you liked our zucchini bread, get ready. Apple bread is out of this world good. It is sweet and more dessert-like, similar to coffee cake. It is amazing and addictive and if you're watching your calories maybe skip this one. But if you're ready for a delicious treat or need something to bring to Sunday dinner, this could be perfect. Enjoy!
2 cups sugar (the apples add sweetness on their own, so if you prefer low sugar like we do this could be cut down to 1 or even 1/2 cup)
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 cup oil
3 large eggs (duck eggs work great!)
2 cups diced apple
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two loaf tins.
1. Blend all wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients while stirring.
4. Once ingredients are fully blended, add walnuts if desired.
5. Pour mixture into two small, greased loaf pans (Grease well! The sugar from the apples can make the cooked loaf a bit harder to separate from the pan).
*note: Mixture should be thin enough to pour out on its own. If it is too thick to pour add an additional egg.
6. Cook at 350 degrees for one hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before removing loaf from pan and slicing.