This dish was adapted from a tater tot casserole recipe. We swapped the potato for cauliflower and added in a couple veggies to bring down the calorie count but bring up the flavor! We also used ground venison in our version, but assuming your freezer isn't full of hunted meat like ours is, we are writing in ground-turkey so you can easily find everything you need at the store.
Let us know what you think!
1 pound ground turkey or beef
1 packet taco seasoning
1 white onion, diced
1 clove fresh garlic, minced
2 roma tomato, diced
1 handful spinach leaves, chopped
1 can black beans
1 can enchilada sauce
1 12 oz bag frozen cauliflower (defrosted)
1 cup cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Take out 9" x 13"casserole dish, or use two 8" x 8" glass pans.
2. Brown ground turkey, onion, and garlic in skillet. If using beef instead of turkey, drain after browning.
3. Stir tomato, spinach, black beans, and enchilada sauce into meat. Let simmer for 5 minutes, just enough for flavors to start to blend.
3. While ingredients are simmering, place defrosted cauliflower into the bottom of the casserole dish.
4. Pour pan of ingredients over the cauliflower, then place in oven. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Remove casserole dish from oven, pour other 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese evenly over the top, then bake for additional five minutes.
6. Remove pan from oven and let sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.