Once I discovered frozen breakfast food my mornings got a whole lot easier! Camryn regularly has an assortment of pancakes and muffins in the freezer that I can throw in the microwave for 30 seconds and she loves it! Plus she is learning to count down from watching the microwave, so double win :)
These chocolate pancakes smell like brownies, but don't be fooled! They contain no sugar, and that means you are free to add toppings with no worries. Our favorite? Add some softened cream cheese and strawberries on top for a complete, healthy, and delicious meal!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten (we used duck eggs for extra fluffiness!)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in the milk, vanilla, eggs, and melted butter in a separate bowl. The batter should be fairly thin and should fall easily off of a spoon easily.
- Heat a nonstick or cast iron pan over medium heat. Grease with nonstick spray or butter. Drop batter by 1/4 cup portions. Cook until edges are set and you see small bubbles, about 2 minutes.
- Flip carefully and cook through on the other side, about 2 minutes more. Serve, or place cooked pancakes onto a baking sheet and keep warm in a 225 degree oven. Cook the rest of the batter.
- Serve with butter and syrup or provide a whole array of toppings! Cream cheese or yogurt makes a great base for any sliced fruit.
To Store: Let any extras cool fully and store them in a airtight storage container or freezer bag in the fridge or freezer for later use. Warm in 15-30 second intervals in the microwave until thawed, if frozen, and warm.
Check out the original recipe from Yummy Toddler Food!